Watch & Listen
Welcome to our Audio/Video Worship
Welcome to on-line worship at North Bramalea. Whether you're traveling, away at school, or simply dropping by, you are in our hearts and thoughts. You can join us live here at 9:00 am and 11:00 am Sunday mornings.
At any other time during the week you can get the Message and the past Sunday's Special Music from our archives. Just click on the Last Sunday link above.
Please click on the icon to the left to view this week's new and improved live service at 9:00 am and 11:00 am on Sunday morning. The video player will open in a new page.
Current series..."Healthy Living 101"
This Sunday, January 15 - Healthy Habits
January 22 - Discovering God's Rest
January 29 - Long Haul Commitment
Click here to watch our Sunday morning services!
Our next Series - Relationships - Better Together!
February 5 - Building a Team
February 12 - Forever Friends
February 19 - Family First
February 26 - Mentoring 101
To further explore these hot topics, check out NBUC's new video blog series "Imagine Why" on Facebook and YouTube!
Welcome, Singing & Prayer
Announcements and Offering
Message: “Healthy Habits” – Brian Pengelly
Prayers, Closing Song & God Blesses Us
We are glad you have chosen to join us today. May these verses of Scripture help deepen your experience of God this morning as well as be a resource beyond today.
Romans 12:1-2 (NIV)
12 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
3 John 1:2 (NIV)
2 Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.
Galatians 6:4-5 (NIV)
4 Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, 5 for each one should carry their own load.
Going Deeper with Healthy Living 101
“Healthy Habits: Exercise, Eating and Energy”
January 15th, 2017
Read: Romans 12:1-2, 3 John 1:2, Galatians 6:4-5
What is your favourite (or maybe least disliked?) form of exercise and physical activity?
- What do you think it means in Romans 1:1-2 to present our bodies as living sacrifices?
- Many of our struggles with weight and health come from our lifestyle of abundance. What parts of our diet and lifestyle would be different from how people lived in Bible times (or might be living in other places in the world?)
- In order to say “Yes” to God’s good plan for our lives, at times we have to decide to say “No” to other things, sometimes even other GOOD things. Can you think of a time where saying “No” to one thing allowed you to say “Yes” to something else later on?
- What things do you need to say “No” or “Enough” to in your life?
- Allen Mendler once wrote that “Self Control” doesn’t just happen, it must be taught, practiced, and retaught. How would you go about teaching self control? How would you practice it?
- So often talking about issues of health can bring up feelings of shame and guilt as we compare ourselves to others. Read Galatians 6:4-5. Who are you comparing yourself to in your life? What should you be focusing on instead?
We often try to make big changes in our life and get discouraged when we can’t do it. Instead, think of one small change you can make (one less sugar in your coffee, go for a walk once a week) then tell at least one other person about it. Once you are used to it, add one more small change.